samedi 28 novembre 2009

Summer holidays in Ireland, a dreams comes true.





Last july, I spent 2 weeks in Ireland. There was such a long time I wished to spend equestrian holidays in Ireland.
Ireland is a fantastic country for horse riding, Irish people are so friendly and the conviviality is real. It is not a legend.
Myself, I went to Sligo, the most beautiful area of Western Ireland, on the atlantic coast.
This area is known to be the first site settled by man in Ireland.
For horse riders, it offers very good equestrian facilities, sympathic instructors, healthy and well trained horses.
It is a horseman's paradise: galloping along the beaches to the mountains, pine forests, prairies...
After my arrival in plane at Dublin, a bus picked me up with other boys and girls, to our guest center.
I stayed by a lady's house. She was very kind, she was about 70 years old and every morning, she was preparing a true english breakfast! Then I was taking the bus to go to our center.
The first day, we were divided in groups and levels. We were riding 3 hours every morning.
One day, we rided to Knocknarea mountain and we climbed to the grave of one of Ireland's greatest warriors. From this site, we could appreciate the beauty of the Emerald Isle.
Everyday, we discovered new places and everytime it was exciting, galloping together.
In the afternoon, we had 3 hours of English course. I believe, I improved my english. Before these holidays I never talked so mauch English. We had a lot of exercises to do and also we had to make oral presentations!
In the evening, I was coming back to the lady's house, sharing the dinner with her. We were discussing about our families, she told me she wanted to go to Australia because his son was living there. Her house was small but very well decorated. The irish people are really kind and we feel well with them.
In the center I met a french girl Ophelie who lives in Paris. We enjoyed ourselves and we stayed friends. After leaving Ireland, I invited her in Empuriabrava and she found the place wonderful.
We were allowed to go out in the night, in Sligo. We went to the pub and all of us we were talking english, french, spanish, and there were also Italians.
We went also twice a week to surf and we made a lot of fun.
I keep in my mind all these fantastic moments shared with people from different countries and for me it is an incredible experience!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire