dimanche 29 novembre 2009

LOVE STORY BETWEEN I AND MY AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD!



The Australian Shepherd is a breed of herding dog that was developed in ranches in the Western United States.
Although it is called australian, the breed commonly known as Aussie, did not iriginate in Australia.
Crossed with Basque shepherders, coming to the US from Australia, they were given the name of Australian Shepherds.
These dogs became quickly famous in western riding after the Second World War. We could admire them in rodeos, horse shows, even in Disney movies made for TV!
The Australian shepherds are very cleaver dogs, learn quite rapidly and enjoy games. They constitute an excellent human companionship. They need always to be near their owners. They must do a lot of exercices every day. As they are originally dogs to work with herds, they sometimes consider their owners as a herd and they have a tendency of jumping and biting. But they do not do it badly.
They enjoy living in ranch like conditions, running in the fields. For them, the worst think is to live in a city with owners who will not spend enough time with them.
This last summer, I and my mother we went to the veterinary for my cat. While my mother was discussing with the veterinary, his wife invited me to come in the waiting room and see lovely dogs. There, I saw a couple who was bringing their puppies to get vaccinated.
When I saw these puppies looking as teddy bears I suddenly felt in my heart I met my new companion.
Immediately I rushed to my mother praying in myself she would agree to buy one of these marvellous dogs.
At first, she did not want. We lost our « Cavalier King Charles » one year before and my mother found too hard to take an other dog. But the people with their puppies were so lovely! They talked about the Australian Shepherds and gave to my mother their card.
During two days,I was talking about these puppies. I took informations in Interned and tried to convince my parents. Soon in August, it would be my birthday. My parents wanted to offer me a watch but I told them I rather liked a dog!
Finally, after a lot of negociations, we went to their ranch and when my mother saw all these puppies running, jumping she agreed for buying one.
That was my most beautiful gift. You can not imagine how cued this dog, called « Elie » is. Now my parents are crazy about it. Elie is really an incredible dog. She is so cleaver, beautiful and we are sharing extraordinary moments. She is well adapted to the family life and plays a lot with my father's dog, an English Setter.
It is really a wonderful experience!!

2 commentaires:

  1. Hello Lauren!!!

    finally I can comment on your blog, by the way, I like it a lot!
    Luckily I know Elie, she's really a great dog, very clever and frindly, a bit similar to my dog in the way she behaves.
    She's growing up very fast, the last time I visited you Elie was smaller and had brighter pelage on her back.
    Hope to see her soon again,

    CU tomorrow*

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Australian Shepherd Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Aussie Owners, Breeders, Trainers, Rescues and Lovers.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website...
    You can also add Photos, Videos, Rescues and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Australian Shepherd Community: http://www.vorts.com/australian_shepherds/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    RépondreSupprimer