vendredi 5 février 2010

Arthur.


Five years ago, my parents bought to me a second horse, a Hanoverian, ARTHUR.
I was so happy that day. But, one year and a half ago, Arthur became ill, a hoof infection. My parents called veterinarians from different places. The first vet I had was the one doing always the vaccine, also she had treated my other horse for a colic.

But, in this case, she did not know what to do because it was too complicated. So I called the Veterinary University in Barcelona, they have made. The horse seemed to be a little better. Subsequently, I called the last vet who desinfected the hoof every day. But then last Friday my parents and I brought Arthur in France in a clinic for horses. Veterinarians did x-rays, analysis...

By bad luck, the bone was infected. Veterinarians have told us that if they made they should cut across the top, and remove all the flesh and leave only the bones. The horse will have the subsequent 8 months remained attached and lying not to set foot on the floor. It's too much suffering for a horse. A horse needs to gallop in the great outdoors.

It was then euthanized Tuesday morning. Veterinarians gave him a shot and he fell asleep for eternity. I will never forget him. He will remain forever in my heart.


As we say:

"No hoof, no horse"

Arthur, I love you.

3 commentaires:

  1. Hi Lauren!
    I feel very sorry for you to lose your dear horse. I just saw Arthur once, the day you showed him to Laura and me. He was a great horse.
    Now just try to continue with your studies, it’s important you don’t isolate yourself now, I know it’s difficult.
    See you this afternoon!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi there!
    I'm really sorry for Arthur. I don't like seeing animals suffering.. and I feel bad when I know one's bad and unhealthy. But, that's life.. as in humans: ones live and the other ones leave us.

    see U tomorrow!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I’m so sorry for Arthur and you, I agree with Laura, you have to be strong, and continue with your studies, and your life. I know that I can say a lot of words because it’s easy, but trust me. Try not to think and enjoy your life but is worse.:) I sday this from personal experience. You know that I’m next to you every day for everything. YOU CAN!

    RépondreSupprimer